Style

2017 style recap!

2017 what a year! It was a bit overwhelming with trying to manage my work as an architect and having to move to Dubai for the job and deciding to start blogging on Feb. Due to a car accident in the beginning of the year, I suffered from disc in my neck but that did not hinder my decision of starting my blog. At first I was pressured and I ended up gaining around 10 pounds since I couldn’t exercise. Looking at the bright side though, I had the support of my sister and brother where they were proofreading my articles and I was lucky to have my best friend as a professional photographer to start with my journey.

It was such a wonderful experience to have crossed path with so many amazing new people that I met through social media, also meeting up with some old dear school and university friends .

I cannot say I managed to do all my bucket list or that I failed miserably. But hopefully this year by setting our priorities straight, it will help us achieve our goals. One of my main priorities this year is to take care of my physical condition by improving my fitness and changing my routine with good habits.

As I mentioned in my previous articles, major trend inspirations were elaborated this year and the revolution of mixing trends were incredible. This is a small recap of the trends: the inspiration from nature’s beauty, the revolution and renewal of the double G logo of Gucci, the use of metallic textiles, the fishnets material, the boot socks, the velvet and Pj’s suits etc. All of them lead to empowering woman by letting her express herself in outfits such as the campaign of Dior “We are all feminist”. The designers were able to transform the designs of everyday looks, to something divine and more appealing.

We may title 2017 as a “dress up game “, it was just headlines for the coming years in fashion industry guidelines.

Since we just said goodbye to 2017, I have created a collected post with all my favorite trends from 2017. In your opinion, which of those trends will be repeated in 2018? Let me know what is your favorite!

#1 Article: THINK PINK!  10th March 2017   Photos by: tzesikailiovitsphotography

#2 Article: Leave a little sparkle wherever you go! 15th March 2017   Photos by: tzesikailiovitsphotography

#3 Article: She’s got the blues!  17th May 2017   Photos by: tzesikailiovitsphotography

#4 Article: BLACK IS ALWAYS RIGHT!  24th May 2017   Photos by: tzesikailiovitsphotography

#5 Article: Raouché !  06th June 2017   Photos by:  jorgehkhabbaz

#6 Article: Beirut more beautiful through color!  07th July 2017   Photos by:  jorgehkhabbaz

#7 Article: Stand out comfortably with metallic skirts!  27th September 2017   Photos by: tzesikailiovitsphotography

#8 Article: Bechara el-Khoury Abandoned Palace in Zokak el-Blat!   15th October 2017   Photos by: tzesikailiovitsphotography

#9 Article: Embracing your inner child !  8th November 2017   Photos by: Swetlana Gasetski

#10 Article: The Secret Life of Flowers!  15th November 2017   Photos by: Swetlana Gasetski

#11 Article: Velvet dominating fall 2017!  21th November 2017   Photos by: Swetlana Gasetski

#12 Article: Joyful Black!  9th December 2017   Photos by: Swetlana Gasetski

#13 Article: Louvre Abu Dhabi  19th December 2017   Photos by:  Mohammad Al Farran

#14 Article: Find the perfect gift to put under the tree! 24th December 2017   Photos by: Swetlana Gasetski

1. Cynthia
    January 8, 2018 at 2:03 pm

Love ur blog !!!! Love how you style things up

January 9, 2018 at 4:35 am

I really appreciate your words, you are so sweet😍

Have a great day💜
    XoX😚

3. Rawan
    January 9, 2018 at 5:44 am

Looveee your stylee! It’s colorful,clasy and FUN! Inspiringg

4. Mariam
    January 9, 2018 at 6:15 am

I love all the looks ❤️ But if I must pick one it would be #1 the color pink suits you 😍

5. Yasmin Yousri
    January 9, 2018 at 6:17 am

Love your article !!

January 9, 2018 at 6:39 am

Even though i really like all colors but my wardrobe always ends up pink💖

Have a beautiful week💜
    XoX😚

January 9, 2018 at 6:40 am

I am glad you like it 💜
    XoX😚

January 9, 2018 at 6:41 am

I really appreciate your words💖

Have a wonderful day💜
    XoX😚

9. Rimsha meer
    January 9, 2018 at 7:24 am

My favourite look of yours is.your pics in pink dress. I simply love your look the most. Looking like a princess. That look attracts me alot❤️❤️💋💋 love you from the ccore of my heart. Stay blessed sweetheart. May you get everything what you want.

10. Dina Amin
    January 9, 2018 at 7:42 am

I love how u match ur outfits Sara😍❤️ U have ur own classy style
    and i love all the outfits specially the pink sequin skirt🌸🌸🌸🌸

11. Yara N
    January 9, 2018 at 1:52 pm

I love everything you write and your blog… honestly I’m fascinated by your style and how elegant your clothes are.

12. Amina
    January 10, 2018 at 6:52 am

I am so proud and happy to see you come this far Sarah. You truly were and still are one of the most happiest people I have ever met and good vibes flow out from your life style. MashahAllah you spread JOY in very spontaneous ways. My favorite by far is look number 7 and 2, Looking forward to see more from you.

Wish you a blessed and adventurous 2018.

13. marwa ezz
    January 11, 2018 at 11:56 am

I loved them all you are truly providing us with many beautiful tips and updates about fashion and lifestyle so manyy many thanks and keep going💕💕💕

January 11, 2018 at 11:58 am

Thank you Amina 💜, i really do appreciate your kind words and consistent support 💜
    People like keeps me going and maintain my goals towards my passion for life, details and fashion 💜
    Wishing you all the happiness in 2018 💖
    XoX😘

January 11, 2018 at 12:06 pm

I am so glad you like it, and that i was able to inspire such people like you 💜
    Wishing you all the happiness and success in 2018 💖
    XoX😘

January 11, 2018 at 12:10 pm

Thank you Dina 💜, i really do appreciate your kind words💜
    I love all colors but for some reason my wardrobe ends up in pink 💖
    Wishing you all the happiness in 2018 💖
    XoX😘

January 11, 2018 at 12:12 pm

Thank you Rimsha 💜, i really do appreciate your kind words and consistent support 💜
    Wishing you all the happiness in 2018 💖
    XoX😘

January 11, 2018 at 12:13 pm

Wishing you all the joy and good health in 2018 💖
    XoX😘

January 11, 2018 at 12:17 pm

Thank you Mariam for your kind words💜💜
    And yes #1 is actually one of my favorite looks. It is special because it was my first photo to start with for my blog 💜
    Wishing you all the happiness in 2018 💖
    XoX😘

January 11, 2018 at 12:18 pm

Thank you Rawan💜, i really do appreciate your kind words and consistent support 💜
    I am so glad you like it, and that i was able to inspire great people like you 💜
    Wishing you all the happiness and success and success in 2018 💖
    XoX😘

January 11, 2018 at 12:20 pm

I really do appreciate your words Marwa and consistent support 💜
    Lucky to have great people in my life, that pushes me forward and maintain my goals💜
    Wishing you all the happiness, joy, good health in 2018 💖
    XoX😘

22. OMNIA
    January 11, 2018 at 6:17 pm

LOVE ur article.
    God bless you sweetie Sara, mashaall you’re very talented. You have the abilty to turn small details into amazing things.

Most important, you have an amazing smile that cheer me up always.

You inspire me😘😘

Inshall 2018 will be full of achievements, and all you ever want comes true in this coming year.

23. Bozena K.
    January 12, 2018 at 12:28 pm

Aww Sara I really like this, A little insight of the journey 🙂 – I really enjoyed all your articles this year, I think especially put together you can see how different they all are! Its especially nice to see the old Lebanon posts, like the Bechara el-Khoury Abandoned Palace, it had a lot of ‘soul’ – that old and new mix👌. Loved it! As for trends that will be back in 2018 – hard to say! But I hope we stick to the eclectic style. Ps, I hope to see you in a gown riding a camel this year ;D

24. avry
    January 13, 2018 at 1:03 pm

Honestly, I don’t have a favorite! I love all your outfits, they’re so chic b-ut all different. You stay true to your self and you always look happy. Not to mention, you find the cutest locations for pictures that make it all better. I can’t wait to see what you’re bringing to the table all 2018. I’m also so sorry to hear about the car wreck you were in and glad you were okay!

So happy that I met you, even if it’s just through Instagram!

January 15, 2018 at 6:50 pm

Thank you Avry i really appreciate your kind words,💕
    It means a lot to me that you loved all of them, so excited for 2018 and what this year may bring for all of us, hopefully just good news.💓
    Have a great week gorgeous
    XoX😘

January 15, 2018 at 6:55 pm

Thank you Bozena for you kind beautiful words,💕 Bechara el-koury was one of the best shoots as it is dear to me since it was in Lebanon and ended up shooting with my best friend💜
    and haha loved the idea of the camel, you never know everything is possible😍

Have a great week my love
    XoX😘