Lifestyle

Louvre Abu Dhabi

I could not be happier when I heard that Louvre will be open in Abu Dhabi. This gave me a flashback to a childhood trip I had with my family in 2008, when we visited the Louvre in Paris for the first time. But so far, the Vatican museum in Rome is my favorite.

So, this Friday I decided to pass by the Louvre and check it out. Surprisingly it was crowded and I was happy to see so many people interested in history. Although it is preferable to buy your ticket online to avoid waiting for a long time in queue.

As I had my tour around the museum,I started remembering information I learnt back from my history classes during my school years. Such as Ramesses the Great who is known as the most powerful pharaoh of the Egyptian Empire or Athena the patron of the city of Athens who is also known as the goddess of wisdom. There was a statue of Athena that had me in awe, it presented her as having a military victory,where in one hand she had a small statue symbolizing victory and a spear in the other. There was also a splendid portrait of Napoleon Bonaparte painted by the French artist Jacques-Louis David between 1801 and 1805, given the title ” Napoleon Crossing the Alps’. And obviously the famous Pablo Picasso who lived most of his adult life in France and is known for his abstract and geometric art.

It was a refreshing tour of history but what was triggering me was the architecture of the place which was designed by the International architect Jean Nouvel. The inspiration of the lace dome came from the interlaced palm leaves that were traditionally used as a roofing material. The design caused an uplifting sensation by the enchanting rain of light effect it had.I cannot emphasize how much I loved that everything is in white, as it gives a spacious yet a minimalistic feeling to the building, a perfect place where light and shade are measured perfectly. Also,not to mention how the location helps the architecture, which gives the illusion that the building is a floating spaceship because it is in the middle of the sea.

As for the people asking about the dress I wore, it is still available at Zara but hurry up before it finishes because it’s beautiful and convenient for any occasion. I loved the velvet ribbon belt that matched perfectly with my heels, which Gianvitorossi proved that an outfit can never look any better than in a pretty bow! And off-course I couldn’t resist not wearing my French beret hat, that took me back to Paris.

” We are not makers of history. We are made by history.”  -Martin Luther King Location: Louvre, Abu Dhabi

Photos by: Mohammad Al Farran

1. Maria Santos
    December 19, 2017 at 12:32 pm

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience in Louvre. Ever since it opened, I always wanted to go and visit the place but my schedule is a bit hectic. Your blog is a big help for I always wonder what is inside the museum. Now that I know what to expect, I feel more excited to visit the place. I love reading your blog because it is not only helping us find the nice places in UAE, but also it gives us a great idea when it comes to fashion. Hope to read more of your posts soon!

2. Salma
    December 19, 2017 at 1:07 pm

Im glad you finally managed to do this shoot, been waiting for it 🙂 and during daylight

3. Bozena K.
    December 19, 2017 at 3:05 pm

Oh its beautiful! The architecture seems so serene. Also loving the beret 😍 xx

4. Yara N
    December 19, 2017 at 4:09 pm

Im speechless! I love the spontaneity, the style and I love how you encouraged me to go visit the Museum!!

December 20, 2017 at 5:04 am

Good morning beautiful Yara❤
    I am so happy to hear,try to visit in the morning on weekends.ღ

Happy holidays sweetie😍
    XoXo

December 20, 2017 at 5:08 am

Yes it is beautiful! When you visit Abu Dhabi for next time, the louvre should be on your checklist.😍

Happy Holidays gorgeous ❤
    XoX😘

December 20, 2017 at 5:10 am

You should revisit it again during daylight, as it is completely different.

Happy Holidays beautiful ❤
    XoX😘

December 20, 2017 at 5:15 am

Happy Holidays gorgeous ❤
    XoX😘

December 20, 2017 at 5:17 am

It means a lot to me that i made you want to visit the Museum.
    Try to visit it during day light as the scenery are beautiful.😍

Happy Holidays gorgeous ❤
    XoX😘

10. Ana
    December 21, 2017 at 2:33 am

I really appreciate that you share this experience with us! The place looks incredible, I really hope I can visit Abu Dhabi really soon! As for your outfit, what can I say? It’s simply gorgeous and so are you!
    xx
    Ana

December 21, 2017 at 6:57 am

Yes it is beautiful! You should definitely visit Abu Dhabi and the louvre and the Sheikh Zayed mosque should be on your checklist.😍

Happy Holidays gorgeous ❤
    XoX😘

12. marwa ezz
    January 11, 2018 at 4:09 pm

Everything is beautiful in this article the outfit, the place, the day light, the details and the information 💜 i actually loved it not only like it💜

January 12, 2018 at 9:06 am

Honestly as interior architect designers, i am sure you will be fascinated by the beauty of the architecture, The louvre is definitely a must see place!!! 😍

Have a great weekend beautiful Meme💗