Lifestyle

Beirut more beautiful through color!

I was really interested to know who were behind the colorful stairs. It turned out to be a group of passionate Lebanese designers and artists known as “Dihzahyners”. Their aim is to color the stairs around the city of Beirut to brighten the urban landscape with a “burst of polychromatic imagery”. Their creative initiative really triggered a positive reaction from people, especially the people of the town itself; they appreciated the initiative and even took part by suggesting favorable colors and designs. The idea brought joy to people passing by or waking up everyday to this view. It brightened and filled their life with colors and hope.

I had such an uplifting spirit when I woke up that I decided to put on the comfiest outfit. I grabbed my new boyfriend jeans which was decorated with ropes of pearls and I paired it with a blue frilly-sleeve top that had pearl detail and a blue organza hem with dot-embroidered trim finish from “Zayan the Label”. Then I accessorized the outfit with a bag and sneakers from Gucci’s new collection which were leather and studded with pearls and stones.

The credit for the revolution of Gucci goes to the creative designer Alessandro Michele. He updated the well-known logo by transforming it to be more of “an ode to joy, not something worn by the devil”; it is a renewal of the double G logo. Not only did he use new elements and got inspiration from natural beauty like the BEE logo, but he added a playful and natural approach; treating it in a lively manner. He transformed the designs of everyday looks, such as the sneakers, to something divine with all its appealing accessories and patches.  I couldn’t resist not matching my outfit with two different pairs of fishnet socks with cute ribbons that I got from Calzedonia; when I stumbled upon them, I could not retain my enthusiasm because they were perfect – fishnets have come back into style now and they can be paired with almost any outfit.

Location: Mar Mikhaël, Lebanon

Photos by: jorgehkhabbaz

1. Bozena K.
    October 12, 2017 at 9:59 am

I love the colorful graffiti really adds character!

October 12, 2017 at 10:47 am

Thank you sweetie , you shall one day visit Lebanon! I am sure you will love it 😀

XoXo

3. Amina
    October 14, 2017 at 6:44 am

I Love how the pearls are beautifully coordinated in your outfit with the accessories! Well Done Sara <3

4. Ornella k
    October 14, 2017 at 7:41 am

Love it! I’m in beirut now, any places you recommend to visit?

October 15, 2017 at 6:19 am

Things to see and do:
    1- Cedars of God ( One of the most majestic trees of the world. Those trees are among the last survivors of the extensive forests of the Cedars of Lebanon)
    2- Horsh Ehden nature reserve, they have the best hiking trails.
    3-Chouwen is definitely one of the most beautiful areas. I have seen in all of Lebanon. The hike was tiring but totally worth it when you have got cold water waiting for you all the way down to swim in and enjoy the scenery. But i assume the water is freezing by now.
    4- Harrisa (Notre Dame du Liban).
    You can also get a roundtrip ride in the Teleferique to Harissa.
    Moreover if you are adventurous, they even do paragliding an overview of Harissa down to jounieh.
    5- The Baatara gorge sinkhole Waterfall in the Tannourine.
    6- Mar mikhael, a neighborhood in the Achrafieh district of Beirut. Where the rainbow stairs are located they have nice coffee shops all around.
    7- Boat tour around Raouché. As much as Cedars symbolizes Lebanon, Raouché is considered to be the landmark of Beirut.

Food Recommendations:
    1- Mounir restaurant at El metn, Broumna.
    2- Al ferdous restaurant at ehden.
    Both are ranked to be the best restaurants serving Lebanese traditional food and have the best overlooked landscape view. The specialty of Al ferdous restaurant is kebbe zghertewiyye so you have to taste it.
    3- La creperie restaurant at Jounieh.
    4- Liza restaurant at Achrafieh.
    Both are an old luxurious villas, that have been renovated keeping the old architecture, with the touch of modern design. the view of la creperie restaurant is breathtaking.

XoXo

October 15, 2017 at 7:13 am

Thank you Amina , yes i love pearls 😀
    Actually for the pants, i went to the tailor and added more ropes of pearls to hide any cleavage.

Xoxo

7. Tzesika Iliovits
    October 21, 2017 at 9:25 pm

What I love the most about you is how you transmit your beautiful personality, pure soul, and positive vibes through your pictures! Keep it up as you are putting smiles on people’s faces and inspiring them into dressing in a fashionable way! But mostly to love themselves for who they are!